Why Food Scraps Composting?
Food scraps recovery has recently been called the final frontier of the recycling effort, and potentially the most important. Finding a virtually odorless, pest-free, and sustainable alternative for food scraps management is at the forefront of the green movement.
The Current System Is Not Sustainable
Food scraps management is a critical, and often overlooked, part of today’s sustainability movement. According to a 2011 EPA study:
- Americans generated approximately 36 million tons of food scraps
- Only 4 percent of these food scraps were recovered through composting efforts
- This means that in 2010 roughly 32 million tons of food scraps ended up in landfills and incinerators
This is not only a financial issue but a serious environmental concern as well.
The FOR Solutions aerobic in-vessel rotary drum digester is the sustainable answer to the food scraps management issue facing many industries. By composting food scraps, institutions:
- Save money in hauling and tipping fees
- Create new revenue opportunities
- Epitomize sustainability
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions
- Restore vital nutrients to the soil
This is the sustainable alternative to landfilling and incineration that allows us to close the food-recycling loop.
Aerobic in-vessel rotary drum digestion takes nature’s process and provides an optimal environment and conditions to help accelerate the process. The difference is that the FOR Solutions system is:
- Clean and efficient
- Safe and economical
- Virtually odor-free and pest-free
With patented technology that produces high-quality, nutrient-dense organic compost in just five days, the FOR Solutions system is changing the way people are viewing food scraps.
When used as a soil-amendment, FOR Solutions’ high-quality, nutrient-dense organic compost has been scientifically shown to improve dramatically the quality and quantity of crops grown. This organic compost is:
- Ready in only five days
- Immediately ready to use
With a measurable Return on Investment and Return on Environment, the FOR Solutions system is truly the sustainable solution.